Friday, April 15, 2011

My Jersey Wishlist

I love the hockey sweater (or jersey if you prefer).  They look great, are comfortable, and I own a number of them but want more.  In fact I have often wanted a jersey from each team on the walls around my pool table, though of late I have given some thought to selling that since it has gone unused for much of the last several years and the basement has turned into more storage than "game room".  My interest in a jersey collection has grown however.  The only thing really holding me back from getting the collection truly started though is the price as customized replica jerseys with player names can be $150 or more, and some harder to find jerseys are even more.  Even a non-customized jersey will run $100 or more.  However, should I ever begin to collect here is my starting "wish list" of jerseys, and while I want at least one from each team in the NHL and a number from other leagues/teams I have only listed the ones that I know the players whose jersey I want.  I also prefer to have the "home" non-white jerseys unless stated otherwise for the broad range of colors that would be represented.


NHL
New Jersey Devils : Brodeur
New York Islanders : ?
New York Rangers : Messier?, Staal?
Philadephia Flyers : Richards?
Pittsburgh Penguins : Crosby
Boston Bruins : Chara?
Buffalo Sabres : Miller
Montreal Canadians : ?
Ottawa Senators : ?
Toronto Maple Leafs : ?
Atlanta Thrashers : ?
Carolina Hurricanes : Staal?
Florida Panthers : ?
Tampa Bay Lightning : St. Louis, Stamkos?
Washington Capitals : Ovechkin
Chicago Blackhawks : Kane?, Toews?
Columbus Blue Jackets : Nash
Detroit Red Wings : Lidstrom ... he and Yzerman are the only two wings I would ever own a jersey of...
Nashville Predators : ?
St. Louis Blues : Shattenkirk, Stewart
Calgary Flames : Iginla
Edmonton Oilers : ?
Colorado Avalanche : Beyond who I already have likely Liles next...
Minnesota Wild : Brunette?
Vancouver Canucks : ugh ... idk, maybe Ballard but then people who know that is my name may mistake that as me favoring the Nucks when that couldn't be further from the truth.
Anaheim Ducks : Ryan, Perry?
Dallas Stars : Madono?
Los Angeles Kings : Kopitar, Doughty?
Phoenix Coyotes : Doan?
San Jose Sharks : ?

Others
Lake Erie Monsters : ?
Seattle Thunderbirds : Pickard
Saskatoon Blades : Elliot
Kelowna Rockets : Barrie
Team USA : Stastny?
Brampton Battalion : Duchene
Erie Otters : O'Reilly
Tri-City Storm : Schwartz (I have a Storm uncustomized, so maybe I'll just get it customized)
Quebec Nordiques : Sakic
Team Sweden : Forsberg
Team Canada : Foote?
Edmonton Oilers : Gretzky (perhaps this will fulfill my Oilers jersey, but it may be a different style)

As you can see it's quite a list and would be a pretty hefty dollar investment.  One from each of the 30 NHL teams alone at $150 would be $4500 which is more than I paid for the pool table itself.  The list contains a number of teams which I don't know who I would want on them also ... and the list is far from complete.  There are a ton of great jerseys for teams in the numerous leagues out there.  However perhaps over time I might be able to build up a part of these.  Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment