Monday, June 20, 2011

Where Am I Going?

I have been able to see a few places in my lifetime, Vegas recently, the Black Hills, Nassau in the Bahamas, but there are a number of other places that I would like to see as well.  Many places I'll likely never get to not being a rich man, not to mention that I still have to help my wife get over her fear of flying to see most of the more remote places on my list, but I do have a great number of things and places I want to see in my lifetime.  Here is a look at that list...
All 30 NHL Arenas : Being a die-hard hockey fan I really want to see a game in all 30 NHL arenas, wherever they may be.  Atlanta is now no longer a hockey city so Winnipeg takes their spot on the list, and Phoenix could be replaced in the future with another city, but I'll have to adjust to that as I must.  Thus far I've seen games in Denver and Vancouver, but that leaves 28 other teams.  Perhaps a Florida or California team may be up before long.

Aztec Ruins : I would love to see the ancient Aztec Ruins, perhaps meaning a trip to the area around Mexico City or somewhere nearby.  The massive temples that they built back in those days and the surrounding countryside would just be an incredible thing to see.

Alaska : I would love to see the icebergs and the beautiful countryside, not to mention the whales and everything else, that one would see taking a cruise up the Alaska coastline and then perhaps heading inland and maybe even taking a train for a while inland.  Some of the world's best untamed wildlife and wilderness would be a sight to behold.

Hawaii : Ok, I could list all 50 states as I want to visit all 50 sometime even if I'm not sure what I would want to see in many of them, however Hawaii deserves a spot on its own.  Along with Pearl Harbor and the natural beauty of the islands I just think it would be a great place to see and vacation.

Ireland : I would love to go see the green countryside and the Irish pubs ... but especially the castles and history there.

Australia : From Sydney to the outback I would love to see what Australia has to offer.  It has always been pretty high on my list.

Europe : I'm going to group Europe together here.  While there are many things and places there I want to see over there one of the great things is that everything is so close a single, albeit long, trip could allow me to see most of them.  The Roman coliseum, the Eiffel tower ... and I could go on but won't.

Greece : This area just looks incredible and I would love to see it.

In the end I could have basically made a single line post saying that I would love to travel pretty much anywhere, with some areas higher than others, but I would love to travel anywhere.  Where will I go next?  I don't know.  How many places will I get to see in my life?  Again, I don't know.  What I do know is there are a great number of places I'd like to see and the above is just a small sample of those places.

No comments:

Post a Comment