Tuesday, January 4, 2011

About Me

Sure, there is a sort of "about me" section but it isn't going to hold much.  Besides, the best way to start of any sort of new communication (be it blog, newspaper writing, radio show, etc...) is by letting the audience know a little about the person they are going to be hearing from.  At least in my opinion that is the best way to start and given that this is my blog that is exactly how I will start this blog.

As with most things my life starts with a birth ... my own.  I was born and raised in Western Nebraska in a town of about 5000 before going off to college for a bit over a year, also in Nebraska.  Like many kids though I wasn't prepared for college and the new found freedom at the time and spent a majority of my time playing pool and hanging out.  Unlike many kids that have that problem though I realized that it wasn't a good thing though and instead of wasting more money and/or flunking out of college (I didn't fail any classes and I'm not sure how looking back on it) I left and returned home.

At that time I was lucky enough to get only the second job I've ever had (the first was McDonald's for three years in High School and I don't count working at 'The Pit' during my college days as work).  I began working for a company called Prophet Systems.  They were a company that had written a software which automated radio stations using computer systems.  My job was to build those machines, load the software, and set up the system.  Over the next 14 years I continued doing that though the software changed, the computers changed, the system changed and the company changed (eventually bought by Clear Channel and merged with RCS, thus the name RCS).  Now I manage the production department and handle the phone system.

Growing up I had a good family around me and that has created strong ties that still exist.  I have a love of the outdoors, enjoy camping and fishing, grew up a Husker football fan and still am, and while my initial sporting interest was football it is now a passion for hockey that monopolizes my sporting interest (though there are other interests still there).  I also enjoy reading, watching movies, gaming, and other things.

I am currently engaged (details of a wedding and the like are still being determined ... as is the date) to a wonderful woman named Lisa who brings three sons into the relationship.  We met ages ago but not until three years ago did we actually start dating.  In fact from the time that we initially met until we began dating we weren't even in contact.

I think that should just about wrap up my first post.  I think I touched on a number of things that you'll read about in the future and there are a great deal that I didn't touch on that you'll also see me write about.  I didn't really get in depth on anything here because this post will be long enough and expanding on points above could just be future posts anyway.  However one thing that I do want from this blog is not only to share my thoughts but also to get responses from them.  I encourage everyone who reads this and future posts to comment anything and everything they want ... questions, comments, thoughts in agreement or in disagreement with anything I post.  I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I hope to enjoy the writing.

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment